Thursday, May 18, 2006

Deep Inside

Scrounging for topics high and low,
At times I sit and stare out of my window,
The nature is at its beautiful best,
Making life like one big fest,

A thousand thoughts flood my mind,
So much so I become momentarily blind,
It is amidst this chaos that I hear a calling,
A calling from an inner voice who wants some reckoning,

‘I’ve been mute for far too long’ she says,
It’s time for my constitutional right to be let,
So I decided hearing my inner self wouldn’t be that bad,
After all I can stand the pain even if it is just a tad,

Although she started with stories happy and gay,
I realized that the path is becoming grey,
The world isn’t just black and white you know,
Even through my gladness I could feel the sorrow blow,

I don’t know when and I don’t know why,
Staring at the clear blue sky,
Listening to my inner voice’s cry,
Made my eyes moisten and glow,
For there was a tear glistening to show….

2 comments:

rakshitdoshi said...

i am impressed, dearest. you have come a long way.... god bless you.

keep writing....

Anonymous said...

wow, you really have a poetic soul! I can almost hear the heart wrenching melody in these beautifully written lines.